1995-99 B.Sc., McGill University - Biology
1999-2001 M.Sc.,University of Toronto - Medical Biophysics
2001-05 M.D.,McGill University
2005-10 Residency in Radiation Oncology - McGill University
2010 FRCP(C) (Radiation Oncology)
2011-13 CIHR-Terry Fox Foundation EIRR21 - Research Training Program
2015-2017 (PI) Operating grant, Cancer Research Society
“Translating molecular science to soft-tissue sarcoma treatments”
2016-2017 (PI) Operating grant, Université de Montréal
“A phase II randomized controlled trial of rapidarc vs. conventional radiotherapy for cancer pain”
2013 CRCHUM Prix Yvon Chartier - Best Fellowship application
2012 CIHR-EIRR21 travel award
2010 CARO Best Resident Oral Presentation
2009 EORTC PROBE Fellowship award
2009 RTOG Resident Travel Award
2008 ASCO Cancer Foundation Merit Award
2008 McGill Radiation Oncology Resident Research Award
1999- 2000 University of Toronto Open Scholarship
1999 Chemical Modifiers Conference Junior Investigator Award
Translational research in radiation oncology and sarcoma
I am interested in the development of 1) prognostic and predictive markers of sensitivity to radiotherapy and 2) new strategies in combining radiation with molecular agents to improve the efficacy of radiotherapy or to better protect normal tissue from treatment toxicities.
My research focuses primarily on sarcoma and palliative medicine clinic.
Current projets (techniques used):Our laboratory aims to achieve the above objectives by examining the expression of microRNAs in tissues and through the use microfluidic technology, lab-on-a-chip.
- Chan, C.H. and P. Wong, Molecular Predictors of Radiotherapy Response in Sarcoma. Curr Treat Options Oncol, 2016. 17(1): p. 2.
- Chow, E., et al., Dexamethasone in the prophylaxis of radiation-induced pain flare after palliative radiotherapy for bone metastases: a double-blind, randomised placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol, 2015. 16(15): p. 1463-72.
- Wong, P., et al., Prognostic microRNAs modulate the RHO adhesion pathway: A potential therapeutic target in undifferentiated pleomorphic sarcomas. Oncotarget, 2015. 6(36): p. 39127-39.
- How, C., et al., Developing a prognostic micro-RNA signature for human cervical carcinoma. PLoS One, 2015. 10(4): p. e0123946.
- Wong, P., et al., Combining targeted agents with modern radiotherapy in soft tissue sarcomas. J Natl Cancer Inst, 2014. 106(11).
- Wong, P., et al., Spatial and volumetric changes of retroperitoneal sarcomas during pre-operative radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol, 2014. 112(2): p. 308-13.
- Rosenstein, B.S., et al., Radiogenomics: radiobiology enters the era of big data and team science. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2014. 89(4): p. 709-13.
- Wong, P., et al., Ductal carcinoma in situ--the influence of the radiotherapy boost on local control. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2012. 82(2): p. e153-8.
- Wong, P., C. Lee, and I.F. Tannock, Reduction of intracellular pH as a strategy to enhance the pH-dependent cytotoxic effects of melphalan for human breast cancer cells. Clin Cancer Res, 2005. 11(9): p. 3553-7.
- Wong, P., H.W. Kleemann, and I.F. Tannock, Cytostatic potential of novel agents that inhibit the regulation of intracellular pH. Br J Cancer, 2002. 87(2): p. 238-45.