1999 - 2005 Ph.D. in Experimental Medicine, McGill University
2005 - 2010 Postdocoral fellow in Tumor immunology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Australia
2007-2010 CIHR post-doctoral fellowship
2011 FRQS - Junior 1 salary award
2015 CHUM - Young investigator award for outstanding scientific contribution from an investigator within 10 years of first Faculty appointment.
2015 CIHR - New Investigator Salary Award
- CIHR Project
- Cancer Research Society
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation
- Terry Fox Research Institut
- Prostate Cancer Cancer
Target validation in immuno-oncology
Investigate the immunological pathways regulating cancer progression, metastasis and treatment response;
Understand the role of the CD73-adenosine pathway in cancer;
Develop new targeted cancer therapies based on immune-stimulation;
Develop novel biomarkers in immuno-oncology;
Translate scientific findings to clinical practice.
The Adenosine Pathway
My group has identified the CD73-adenosinergic system as an important pathway promoting cancer growth and immune escape. Phase 1 clinical trials targeting the adenosine pathway were initiated in 2016. We are investigating the mechanisms underlying CD73-mediated tumor growth and immunosuppression, and the role of adenosine signaling in the progression of different types of cancers.
NEW TARET DISCOVERY IN IMMUNO-OCOLOGY
We are performing genomic and targeted screens, as well as translational studies in cancer patients, to identify novel targets in immuno-oncology. Using established model system, we develop biological agents targeting these new pathways and validate the proof-of-concept of these new agents in pre-clinical studies.
- Tumor immunity
- Surface Oncology
- Bertrand Allard (PhD, PDF,)
- Davis Allard (BSc, PhD trainee)
- Laurence Buisseret (MD, PhD)
- Pavel Chrobak (PhD, research associate)
- Isabelle Cousineau (PhD, research assistant)
- Vincent Deslisle (BSc, MSc)
- Pierre Olivier Gaudreau (MD, PhD)
- Loïse Gilbert (animal technician)
- Marjorie Bergeron (MSc, PhD trainee)
- Sandra Pommey (MSc, research associate)
- Martin Turcotte (BSc, PhD trainee)
- 2017. Charlebois, R, Allard, B, Allard, D, Buisseret, L, Turcotte, M, Pommey, S, Chrobak, P, Stagg, J. PolyI:C and CpG Synergize with Anti-ErbB2 mAb for Treatment of Breast Tumors Resistant to Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors. Cancer Res. 77(2): p. 312-319.
- 2017. Buisseret, L.Garaud, S.de Wind, A.Van den Eynden, G.Boisson, A.Solinas, C.Gu-Trantien, C.Naveaux, C.Lodewyckx, J. N.Duvillier, H.Craciun, L.Veys, I.Larsimont, D.Piccart-Gebhart, M.Stagg, J.Sotiriou, C.Willard-Gallo, K. Tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte composition, organization and PD-1/ PD-L1 expression are linked in breast cancer. Oncoimmunology. 6(1): p. e1257452.
- 2017. Beavis, P. A.Henderson, M. A.Giuffrida, L.Mills, J. K.Sek, K.Cross, R. S.Davenport, A. J.John, L. B.Mardiana, S.Slaney, C. Y.Johnstone, R. W.Trapani, J. A.Stagg, J.Loi, S.Kats, L.Gyorki, D.Kershaw, M. H.Darcy, P. K., Targeting the adenosine 2A receptor enhances chimeric antigen receptor T cell efficacy. J Clin Invest. 127(3): p. 929-941.
- 2016. Mittal, D.Sinha, D.Barkauskas, D.Young, A.Kalimutho, M.Stannard, K.Caramia, F.Haibe-Kains, B.Stagg, J.Khanna, K. K.Loi, S.Smyth, M. J. , Adenosine 2B Receptor Expression on Cancer Cells Promotes Metastasis. Cancer Res, 2016. 76(15): p. 4372-82.
- 2016. Leclerc, B. G. Charlebois, R.Chouinard, G.Allard, B.Pommey, S.Saad, F.Stagg, J., CD73 Expression Is an Independent Prognostic Factor in Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 22(1): p. 158-66.
- 2016. Gaudreau, P. O. Stagg, J.Soulieres, D.Saad, F., CD73-adenosine reduces immune responses and survival in ovarian cancer patients. Oncoimmunology. 5(5): p. e1127496.
- 2015. Turcotte, M.Spring, K.Pommey, S.Chouinard, G.Cousineau, I.George, J.Chen, G. M.Gendoo, D. M.Haibe-Kains, B.Karn, T.Rahimi, K.Le Page, C.Provencher, D.Mes-Masson, A. M.Stagg, J., CD73 is associated with poor prognosis in high-grade serous ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 75(21): p. 4494-503.
- 2015. Chrobak, P.Charlebois, R.Rejtar, P.El Bikai, R.Allard, B.Stagg, J., CD73 plays a protective role in collagen-induced arthritis. J Immunol, 2015. 194(6): p. 2487-92.
- 2014. Allard, B., M. Turcotte, and J. Stagg, Targeting CD73 and downstream adenosine receptor signaling in triple-negative breast cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 18(8): p. 863-81.
- 2014. Allard, B.Turcotte, M.Spring, K.Pommey, S.Royal, I.Stagg, J., Anti-CD73 therapy impairs tumor angiogenesis. Int J Cancer. 134(6): p. 1466-73.
- 2013. Allard, B.Pommey, S.Smyth, M. J.Stagg, J., Targeting CD73 enhances the antitumor activity of anti-PD-1 and anti-CTLA-4 mAbs. Clin Cancer Res. 19(20): p. 5626-35.