Dr Apostolos Christopoulos, M.D., M.Sc.
Dr Azar-Angélil Chair in Head and Neck Oncology;
Division of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery;
Université de Montréal, CRCHUM and Institut du cancer de Montréal
2001 M.D., Université de Montréal, Department of Medicine
2006 M.Sc., Université de Montréal, Biomedical Sciences
2009 Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, Advanced Training in Head and Neck Oncologic Surgery
2007 Fellowship Grant, Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal
2007 Post-doctoral training Grant, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Head and neck cancer oncogenic pathways
Dr Christopoulos’ research focuses on oncogenic pathways of head and neck cancers, novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers as well as new therpeutic targets. Dr Christopoulos also has a unique expertise in minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat head and neck cancer as well as an interest in outcomes and quality of life sesearch.
- Oncogenic signalling pathways of oral tongue cancer in young patients
- Pre and per treatment caracterization of laryngeal cancer using molecular biomarkers and advanced CT imaging
- Determing QOL of life pretictors in head and neck cancer
1. Guillaume Cardin (M.Sc, research assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Monika Knapik (M.D., M.Sc., ORL surgeon, email@example.com)
3. Ilyes Berania (M.D., ORL resident, firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Sami Pierre Moubayed (M.D., ORL resident)
5. Paul Tabet (M.D., ORL resident, email@example.com)
6. Lise Rivest (clinical research assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Do, BT., et al., Unusual presentation for small lymphocytic lymphoma : case report of a man with bilateral ear involvment and review of the littérature. Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surg, 2016. In press.
- Ibrahim, et al., Internal Jugular Vein Duplication: Anatomic Relationship With The Spinal Accessory Nerve. J Oral Max Surg , 2016. Epub ahead of print.
- Berania, I., et al., Voice and functional outcomes of transoral laser microsurgery for early glottic cancer: ventricular fold resection as a surrogate. J Clin Med Res, 2015. 7(8): p. 632-636.
- Bahig, H., et al., Predictive factors of survival and treatment tolerance in older patients treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy for locally advanced head and neck cancer. Oral Oncol, 2015. 51(5): p. 521-8.
- Moubayed, et al., Predicting depression and quality of life among long termhead and neck cancer survivors. Otol Head and Neck Surg. 2015. 152(1): p. 91-97.
- Maniakas, A., et al., North American Survey on HPV-DNA and p16 testing for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncol, 2014. 50(10): p. 942-446.
- Moubayed, SP., et al., Osteocutaneous free flaps for mandibular reconstruction: systematic review of their frequency of use and a preliminary quality of life comparison. J Laryngol Otol, 2014. 128(12): p. 1034-1043.
- Caicedo-Granados, E., et al., Oncologic and functional outcomes of partial laryngeal surgery for intermediate-stage laryngeal cancer. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2013. 148(2): p. 235-242.
- Moubayed, SP., et al., Prognostic value of cartilage sclerosis in laryngeal cancer treated with primary radiation therapy. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2012. 147(1): p. 57-62.
- Klein, JD., et al., Antitumor effect of Vandetanib through EGFR inhibition in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Head & Neck, 2012. 34(9): p. 1269-76.